HARVEST MOON & autumnal equinox
It's time to put your passion project on the front burner; to carve out a dedicated space and time to prioritize your recent creative direction; or to harvest the ideas that have been germinating for your new work even if that means switching gears.
Are you inspired by artists such as Andy Goldsworthy, who embraces the experimental process and adventure in nature, or writers that escape into nature for their muse, inspiration or rejuvenation?
DID YOU KNOW that the harvest moon rises quickly after sunset and illuminates the land with an orange glow to provide the light farmers would need to harvest the final crops of the summer.
Use the light of the full moon to illuminate your creative agenda. This is an unstructured work on your own residency with opportunity to interact and socialize or even discuss each others' work during group breakfast and dinners.
Join a maximum of 8
artists, writers, designers, crafters, or otherwise creatives for an
September 20 - October 4, 2020
[full moon October 1]
September 18 - October 2, 2021
[full moon September 20]
RESIDENCY FEE INCLUDES:
14 NIGHTS IN A COMFORTABLE AND INSPIRING LODGE,
HEALTHY FOOD (B,L,D) to nourish your creative drive, & ACCESS TO:
• THE CAMP PROPERTY 17 ACRES & THE BUFFALO RIVER
• BASIC SHOP TOOLS – drills, saw, hand tools
• POTTERY STUDIO INCLUDING KILNS
• WORKSPACES INCLUDING large tables, comfortable sitting chairs, exterior land to work big outside, drafting tables and desks
• One COMPLIMENTARY half day trip to explore nearby within an hour driving radius for up to 5 at one time. Be spontaneous and immerse in a wonder wander spirit with a driving tour of the area with stops as desired for photography, plen-air, and drawing/sketching. From barns and farms and waterways to random discoveries of physical objects or interesting signage, you'll enjoy the scenery in the rural rolling foothills of mid-south Tennessee. Do you love to pitstop in salvage and thrift shops? Then that can also be arranged.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Transportation to and from the camp
(can coordinate for an additional fee).
Art or other supplies including clay for your personal work
(additional one time fee for using glazes).
THINGS TO ENJOY:
Meeting the camp animals: donkeys and donkey babies, chickens, rabbits, the camp cats, peacocks, and even a tripod pyrenees
Campfires, quiet escape, sounds and colors of nature, and space.
The Buffalo River bed and swimming hole zone will take you out of time and maybe bring back a childhood spirit.
Take a nap in a hammock.
Wander the property to the Yurt for a writing,
drawing, or other brainstorming or creative session.
Wood burning stoves in the main lodge.
Participants will have a private FB group.
Will coordinate with participants on the menu to accommodate all dietary needs, restrictions as best possible.
Please complete the application - deadline by AUGUST 15.
Payment due by August 30.