Reclaim the corporate consumer culture of Valentine's day for your own passion project and celebration of artist work in bloom. The daffodils start blooming here in February so it's a great place for your work to be celebrated.
In the age of MeToo movement and the long running campaigns of the Guerrilla Girls activists, this annual artist retreat during February is a supportive and secluded space for women in the arts, craft, and other creative disciplines to focus on those passion projects.
DID YOU KNOW that Maria Sibylla Merian was the first woman illustrator? She traveled on her own to far away places to study nature. Or maybe Frida or Georgia are the trailblazers you admire.
Use the ever increasing longer days, the smell of the earth after the rain, and the plethora of nature variety at the center as your constant inspiration. This is an unstructured work on your own residency with opportunity to interact and socialize or even discuss each others' work during meals or over a cup of tea by the fire.
REJUVENATE YOUR SPIRIT & PASSION
Join a maximum
of 8 women
artists, writers, designers, crafters, or otherwise creatives for an
For the solo artist, teams or mother/daughter collaborations.
February 9 - 17, 2020
February 13 - 21, 2021
RESIDENCY FEE INCLUDES:
8 NIGHTS IN A COMFORTABLE AND INSPIRING LODGE,
HEALTHY FOOD (B,L,D) to nourish your creative drive, & ACCESS TO:
• THE CAMP PROPERTY 17 ACRES & THE BUFFALO RIVER
• BASIC SHOP TOOLS – drills, saw, hand tools
• POTTERY STUDIO INCLUDING KILNS
• WORKSPACES INCLUDING large tables, comfortable sitting chairs, exterior land to work big outside, drafting tables and desks
• One COMPLIMENTARY half day trip to explore nearby within an hour driving radius for up to 6 at one time. Be spontaneous and immerse in a wonder wander spirit with a driving tour of the area with stops as desired for photography, plen-air, and drawing/sketching. From barns and farms and waterways to random discoveries of physical objects or interesting signage, you'll enjoy the scenery in the rural rolling foothills of mid-south Tennessee. Do you love to pitstop in salvage and thrift shops? Then that can also be arranged.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Transportation to and from the camp
(can coordinate for an additional fee).
Art or other supplies including clay for your personal work
(additional one time fee for using glazes).
THINGS TO ENJOY:
Meeting the camp animals: donkeys and donkey babies, chickens, rabbits, the camp cats, peacocks, and even a tripod pyrenees.
Campfires, quiet escape, sounds and colors of nature, and space.
The Buffalo River bed and swimming hole zone will take you out of time and maybe bring back a childhood spirit.
Take a nap in a hammock.
Wander the property to the Yurt for a writing,
drawing, or other brainstorming or creative session.
Wood burning stoves in the main lodge.
Participants will have a private FB group.
Will coordinate with participants on the menu to accommodate all dietary needs, restrictions as best possible.
SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE FOR 2020.
Please complete the application - deadline by November 30, 2020.
Reviewed on a rolling basis, final acceptance no later than Dec 31.
Payment due by January 15.